Windows works with a special hierarchical file-based database called the Windows Registry that stores tons of data. When a new tool or application is installed on your system, it is essentially stored in the registry. All programs, configuration settings, and components are packaged together to be stored in the registry. And the information in the registry increases every day.
This includes a variety of keys and values. In other words, the registry stores files, folders, and information in it. Because of the value and volume of the data in the Windows registry, it is imperative to take a backup and fix faulty registry issues so that it does not affect your PC’s performance in the long run.
How can you fix incorrect registry items on Windows 10? Let’s find out.
FIX BROKEN REGISTRY ITEMS ON WINDOWS 10
There are a few processes you can run to fix faulty registry items on Windows 10.
The first would be to take a backup and then restore your system to that particular restore point.
In another situation, you can use a system file checker to scan the computer.
As a third option, you can also use tools that can scan and repair your computer. Let’s examine each of these options in detail.
METHOD 1: CREATE A REGISTRY BACKUP AND SYSTEM RESTORE POINT
The first step in the process of fixing broken registry items on Windows 10 is to create a backup of the registry in question. This location contains essentially large amounts of information that are necessary for working with the operating system.
Creating the backup is essential as it can help restore the point if necessary. While there are a few ways that you can create the backup, the following method is the simplest.
luxury car rental
- Go to the Start menu, type a run and press the Enter key . This should open the Run command window. You can also open the same window by clicking Windows + R key at the same time .
- Once you are in the Run window, all you have to do is type ‘regedit’ and hit Enter to get to the Registry Editor window.
- In the Registry Editor, you will see Computer in the upper left corner. You can click this option and click Export.
- After that, you will be asked to save the backup file. Enter a name and save the file.
This will effectively save the backup as a file on your system. The backup file is saved as a * .reg extension and displays registry files.
System restore point
The next step in fixing broken registry items on Windows 10 is to create a system restore point. The process is very simple. Just follow the steps below.
- Type control panel in the taskbar search box. Select the option from the list of results.
- From this menu, click the System option .
- At this point, the new page has a list of options in the left pane. The last option is the advanced system settings . Click on this option.
- The System Properties page opens. This window contains different tabs for different operations. Navigate to the System Protection tab and go down to the last option called ‘Create’ .
This essentially creates a new restore point that enables system protection.
Restore the registry
After creating the recovery point, restore the registry from the savepoint or from the recovery point. There are two ways to do this.
- From the Start menu, go to the Run command page, type regedit and press Enter. This will return you to the registry editor you started with.
- On the page, click the File menu, then click Import from the drop-down menu .
- This will open a popup called ” Import Registration File” . Here you would have to navigate to the location or path of the saved backup file and open it.
- Open the Start menu on the desktop, click in the search bar and type “create a restore point” .
- On the System Properties page that appears, navigate to System Protection and click System Restore .
You can work with either method. Both processes restore the registry and make it operational again.
METHOD 2: SYSTEM FILE CHECKER TO FIX A BAD REGISTRY
This is a system tool that is operated via the command prompt and is used to identify and correct faulty registrations in your computer. Here are a few steps to take to run a system file check.
- Enter the command prompt in the taskbar search box. Right click on it and choose “Run as administrator “.
- Enter ‘ sfc / scannow ‘ in the command prompt and press Enter.
- That will do the job for you and you can proceed to resolve the registry errors.
METHOD 3: USE PC REVIVER TO FIX MALFUNCTIONING REGISTRY ITEMS
PC Reviver for Free Registry Correction is an efficient tool that you can use to identify and fix vulnerabilities of defective registrations in Windows 10. PC Reviver primarily removes unnecessary items from your registry, keeping it clean and protected.
Here are the steps you need to take to improve your computer’s performance, speed, and stability.
- Click here to download the PC Reviver software.
- Install PC Reviver on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- On the main PC Reviver screen, click the Repair tab . Click the Scan button located at the bottom of the screen to start the repair process.
- PC Reviver will scan your computer for registry problems. After the scanning process is complete, it will display any malfunctioning registry items on your computer.
- Click the Repair button to fix the malfunctioning registry items on your computer. That’s all, your PC is now successfully repaired.
Cleaning up and repairing your Windows registry isn’t a very difficult challenge. This will take a few minutes, but it could seriously affect the performance of your system in the future. Plus, you only need to follow a few simple steps to achieve it. PC Reviver does a good job of keeping your registry in good shape and fixing broken registry items on Windows 10.
You need to hire a freelance web designer Singapore to get the best results.
This is lucky88 for you.
You also visit best apk master for more information.
eyelash extensions Manukau
3d framed art
Antigua chiama Italia
arts & crafts classes online
fertility clinic Houston